Public Wi-Fi is probably not secure . Rogue Wifi spots use names like 'Free Wi-Fi' or 'Totally Free Internet' to lure you to connect. A VPN is usually the best way to prevent instrusions. You can be tracked through Wi-Fi networks
Your computer will remember Wi-Fi networks which could be a security risk as well. Convenience over security is nice, but for the paranoid make sure to clear these caches.
Wi-Fi Network Risks:
- Wi-Fi networks are not secure, allowing hackers to see your web searches and credentials.
- Malware injection which can then infect your phone.
- Man-in-the-attacks can intercept data being sent between you and someone else
- Web searches, email and chats, location, files and photos, login credentials can all be intercepted
Wi-Fi How To's
- Share WiFi with QR Code
- Setup Secure Guest Access
- Hack Proof Your Wireless Router
- Internet Kill Switch