The browser is the application that connects to the world wide web from your computer/device. It works with DNS and HTTP to fetch websites and read the HTML, CSS, code and other content for the browser to display.
- 3rd-party cookies from advertisers track you across websites when you visit a site that saves the cookie to your browser
- These cookies can 'fingerprint' your identity through sophisticated means, sending data to trackers that can create an identity profile
- Not using HTTPS on leaves your communications unprotected
- Private browsing does not protect your information from your employer or ISP!
- Browser Alternatives that don't track you, block ads and increase speed and performance.
- Browser Extensions that block ad tracking, reduce your digital fingerprint and increase online anonymity.
- HTTPS encrypts your web surfing.
- Private Browsing does not hide your web surfing from your employer or ISP.
- TOR browser will hide your traffic from your employer or ISP or any network.
- Read more about browsers and privacy.